Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Have My Apartment

...and sadly, it's a bit of a dump: bad, half-assed repainting job, broken window in the kitchen, back door to the building doesn't even close. And I've resolved to myself to never, ever look at the lawn.

I've put in so many calls to the property manager as I discovered one thing after another that he must be sick of me already. But I have to live in this thing for a year, after all. So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the problems will be taken care of quickly.

On the positive side, I've bought a bike, and joined the local natural foods co-op. Plus, the neighborhood is great.

I just need to take a deep breath (or perhaps several), and have faith that, by the end of the month, this will all be worked out. Besides, this is not about living well; it's about getting a book written.

1 comment:

hilary said...

Sorry to hear about the problems. I mean, you *do* have to live there for a year. That's a long time to have to deal with a broken apartment.
Congrats on joining the co-op! You'll have to give me a report on the farmer's market.