Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Up past my bedtime

I stayed up until 1:30 last night, working. I never do that, but I was on a roll, and didn't realize how late it had gotten. I now have a draft of a 16,000-word sample chapter, with only a few holes: two sets of legal citations to look up, one book to skim for references to one of the subtopics, and revising the chapter intro and conclusion to reflect the changes I made. But all in all, I'm cautiously hopeful.

48 hours and counting. Any good thoughts and encouragement (or cookies, or offers to read chapters... or cookies...) will be really, really appreciated.

9 comments:

Dr. S said...

You never do that? Being able to do that for a living is one of my favorite parts of the job. When it's because I'm really devoted to what I'm doing, that is--less so when I'm grading against the clock.

Anonymous said...

I have no cookies, but I will read a chapter if you like. (I'm always intrigued to see other people's work!)

Susan said...

Happy to read a chapter. Too bad I can't invite you over on Saturday to help me declutter my house!

squadratomagico said...

Oooh! Good luck! How exciting!

Belle said...

Go girl! Go! I love getting so into my stuff that I lose daylight, hours, night...

Hard to do with my menagerie, but still..

You go!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending encouragement ... do you feel it? Right ... now!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Thank you all so much. Still working, still semi-panicked. I'll update you in 24 hours or so.

hilary said...

Cookies! What kind?
Go Go Go!! (I know that sounds pushy, but I'm just trying to be encouraging.)

Renaissance Girl said...

Hang in there. I'm in your boat, so I send you the encouragement of a fellow oarsperson.