Monday, December 21, 2009

End-of-semester report (part two: travel edition)

I am writing this from the Grit City** airport. I have completed all grading, save for 6 grad seminar papers. Most students got the final grades that I expected they would, so that's all good. My one plagiarism report is filed. In about half an hour, my flight for Puddletown takes off. I accidentally went and left trusty ol' point-and-shooty in my drawer at home, so I guess this means I really and truly have to follow through with buying that new camera. Nikon D40 is my current first choice, though I will listen to any problems that people are having with it.

Have I done any shopping for presents? Of course not.

Have I already begun eating far too many cookies, apparently in an attempt to undo all the good work of getting in shape this past year? Well, duh.

Did I leave a stove burner on or something smoldering in the house somewhere? Uhh....

Nevermind. What's done is done. Next dispatch from Puddletown!


**Behold the new pseudonym for the place I currently live and work! I mean it with real affection: the metaphorical grit is what makes this place bearable. Of course, the literal grit is what makes me have to sweep every two days if I leave the windows open, but that's another story.

2 comments:

Comrade PhysioProf said...

COOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Safe travels!
And happy shopping :)