- Take more pictures (new DSLR!)
- Read more for pleasure (the stack on my nighttable is reaching a dangerous height)
- Volunteer in the community
- Pay off credit card debt
- Draft one new article or book chapter
- Find a local yoga studio that I like, and take that up again
- Crack open those cookbooks and try one new recipe a week
Some of that will have to wait until I'm back from my research trip, but the rest looks like a decent list. In general, the theme this year is: "Finding a way to do my job well without feeling like it's devouring every other part of my life and bellowing for more."
Happy New Year, y'all.
PS: Also, I've been working around the corners of strategizing my research trip. More on that this weekend, along with a bit of a bleg for ideas and input.