I've just turned in the grading, and I'm doing laundry and tidying the house in preparation for tomorrow's trip to Puddletown. Have I done any of my holiday shopping? Yeah, well, that's what they get for holding Christmas so close to finals week.
But, I have managed to get my shopping done for you folks! So, let's see what everyone on my blogroll gets this year...
- Belle gets a Manduka mat.
- Clio Bluestocking gets a comfortable mattress.
- Clio’s Disciple gets the game of her choice from the last ten years’ worth of Spiel des Jahres winners.
- CM at Farm/Kitchen/Table gets a CSA box with no onions whatsoever.
- Comrade PhysioProf isn't on my blogroll, but he gets a bottle of Jameson’s anyway. Just because.
- Dr. Crazy and Another Damned Medievalist get the same thing: an Bluetooth-like device that detects the presence of administrative B.S. and replaces it with music. Two settings enable them to choose between soothing, and you-best-not-mess-with-me tunes, as the particular situation warrants. (Yes, everybody on my list could use one of these, but Crazy and ADM more than most, this year.)
- Dr. S. gets new Wellington boots. And a Zeiss* lens.
- Dr. Virago gets some awesome bedroom furniture for the new house – cool and unique, but not so self-consciously funky that it rounds the corner to stupid.
- FSP gets… well, something sciencey. I don’t know what. But it’s really nice, and does something really cool.
- Heu Mihi: I thought about getting her baby stuff, but then I decided that she’ll probably be getting plenty of that from others, so I’ve decided to donate her some sleep reserves for when the baby comes, and for before then, whatever delicious foods her heart desires.
- Historiann gets (what else?) a toolbox.
- Joel gets the secret magic word that causes his young son to immediately conk out for a 90-minute nap so he can get some writing done.
- New Kid gets an airline-compliant bag that magically holds twice as many books and clothing than it looks like it ought to AND makes them weigh half as much, plus has a secret pocket that renders invisible all liquids, ointments and unguents – even those coming in sizes of greater than three ounces.
- Prone To Laughter gets a stylish light jacket to replace the raincoats left behind at her previous job.
- Squadratomagico gets an Alexander McQueen frock of her choice.
- Tenured Radical gets the Hammer of Thor to slay all the trolls over at CHE.
- Twisty Faster gets someone to wrangle those donkeys that keep showing up at El Rancho Deluxe.
- WoPro gets a lucrative book deal.
And every single overworked, exhausted one of you gets this:
*Corrected from "zyliss" -- they are the people who make fancy can openers, garlic presses, and the like, but not (so far as I know) camera lenses.