Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I know what works (A month in writing, day three)

... I just need to actually do it.

Here's what works for me:
  • Go to bed at a decent hour (before 11) so I can get up by 6:30.
  • Meditate
  • Make coffee, then go straight from there to the work that I have laid out from the night before
  • Avoid internet and news until after my work session.
If I do these things, I knock out 90 minutes easy, and still have plenty of time to shower, have breakfast, and get to work on time.

Here's what I did instead::
  • Stayed up until past midnight, waiting for election returns
  • As a consequence, overslept by an hour
  • Skipped meditation
  • While coffee was brewing, thought, "Oh, I should check to see how [critical state ballot measure] did.  Yay! I should see what the news is saying about..."
Then, suddenly, it was 9:30, and I'd gotten nothing done, but had to get to a doctor's appointment.

The good news? I got in my 90 minutes -- a little more, in fact -- reading a single 30-page article (written in Blarg, no less).

The bad news? That was all I did.

So, with that in mind, I'm logging off now, laying out my work, and going to bed with good intentions for building more good habits.

4 comments:

Barbara T. Raminez said...

This is one of the finest originality checking and for this source site which will let you feel like you have the finest article which is really original.

li said...

It is so true that the writings about the psychology side are quite different than others and this is why you need our help in this website which will take you to the perfect place of getting titles.

mikon said...

Yes, I know all the items and moves for the fulfillment of the goals. The system of the surge and visits of the https://www.paraphrasetool.org/best-paraphrase-helper/ are parted for the humans. The nomination of the commodity is done for the depiction of the information for the students.

mikon said...

The working month is assured for the struggle and all moves for tepee. The advancement of the work and https://www.paraphrasingtool.org/3-easy-ways-to-get-qualified-research-paper-paraphrasing-help/ is done for the candidates. The new scheme is upheld for the marvelous outlook for the posting of the unique scheme for the people.