Friday, November 21, 2014

It is that point in every semester...

... where I have given up any dreams that I will finish the semester well, and now am concentrating on merely surviving.

... when I have realized that my brand-new class has lived up (?) to my usual bit of sardonic advice for good teaching: "Never teach a class for the first time."

...when I am spending too much money on restaurants because my fridge has been empty for a week and I am too worn out to go to the grocery store.

...when I wonder what I was thinking taking on as many commitments as I did, and patting myself on the back for saying "no" even a few times.

...when I eyeball yet one more grant application and wonder whether I can squeeze it in...?

...when I can't even think about the holidays, and am perversely glad that I don't live near family, because I so desperately, desperately need the entire Thanksgiving holiday to get caught up.

Yeah. It's that time. 

10 comments:

undine said...

Absolutely the same here.

Tree of Knowledge said...

I'm using the Thanksgiving holiday to try out Hulu Plus and get caught up on TV. Screw everything else. I really should use it to finish a book review or work on my article revision or my book proposal. But I'm tired!

Janice said...

I feel guilty for having fun in this fall's new prep. If it helps, I'll be offering two new courses in the next term which are certain to kick my butt.

xykademiqz said...

Truer words have seldom been spoken.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

I like Tree of Knowledge's approach: Today was the first day of the break, and I've decided that this weekend gets thrown over to the semi-annual inbox purge. And Pie.

Anonymous said...

Nice post, I value your issues and I comprehend you structure this article for the distinctive reason at any rate I truly love kids. Everything considered, I like your http://www.admissionsessay.net/services/admissions-essays-writing-service/law-school-admissions-essay-writing-service/ site and need to share this article.

Anonymouse said...

Great data you shared by this post, Everything considered, I like your inventive capacity and you should total your commitment with the amazing fervor and I comprehend that good site you adore your line that you select.

Anonymous said...

Great site, two or three affiliations attempt to develop the best robot which can play out a substitute undertaking. Surrounding, it is an important this http://www.waiverwriting.com/our-professional-waiver-letter-writing-services/ site for the comprehensive network and accommodating moreover.

Hildegard Flatley said...

The youngsters who express that we can't get tutoring without the guide from watchmen can't get achievement in coming life. Obviously, kids who lock in https://www.personalstatementwriter.org/5-tricks-you-should-know-about-forensic-science-personal-statement for their direction and don't request cash from guardians get accomplishment at long last.

Hildegard Flatley said...

An educated mother can raise the youths better than an uneducated and numb mother that' why women's course is unnecessarily basic for the click this link now adolescents too. You have finished an extraordinary development after raise the voice about women's course.