- Finished a trip to Blerg City in which, for the first time, I had some fellow US researchers who are also friends, and so was not a complete hermit.
- Procrastinated by poking around in a place where absolutely nothing of value to my project would be, and thereby stumbled on a Document That Explains Everything.
- Moved back to Grit City Beach, discovered the abysmal state of the rental market, and ended up moving into The Beehive.
- Had a lovely two-day roving visit with SquadratoMagico
- Begun planning courses, even though two of them were only for-certain locked-in three weeks before the semester started; panic ensues.
- Appalled myself by getting bent out of shape in a way that clearly has to do with some privilege issues I still have.
- Began work as member of the organizing committee for a smallish annual conference (I'm in a minor role)
- Quit smoking (again)
- Signed up for a yoga intensive workshop
This seems to be the theme now: relearning lessons about how slacking off for a day or two turns into a week, and month, and suddenly you're not writing, not blogging, not exercising, and smoking. Gah. So: today I try to pick up the thread. Let's see how this goes.