... and things are much as normal; i.e. No Time To Post. But here are the eternal end-of-semester questions:
1. Why do faculty (myself included) assign all their major papers to be due in the final two weeks of the semester when we KNOW from experience that this will cause us pain and distress?
2. Why does the time crunch seem to leave some faculty time for writing long, crazy missives (and even longer responses to said crazy missives) to faculty online discussion lists? How are they doing this? Are elves doing their grading?
3. Where can I get some grading elves?
4. Do students not know where my office is until the last three weeks of the semester? Does it disappear like Brigadoon for the rest of the semester?
5. Why do I assign so much written work?
6. How is it that I have already booked my summer solid with work obligations?
7. Seriously: Where does one pick up those elves? And do they have relatives that do things like shop for groceries and do laundry?
Please feel free to add your own questions to the list...