Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What I'm Writing These Days

Yeah, it ain't blog posts, as you may have noticed.

But last night, I sat down to put something in the "assorted notes" for my presentation this April -- some stuff that will go in the intro... and two hours later when I looked at the clock again, I had written an entire draft of my introduction.

Look at the word counter: It's alive!!!**

I still hate this semester. This is the heaviest courseload I've ever had, combined with the heaviest service load I've ever had. The ass-kicking I promised to deliver it looks like it's going to be mutual. But I'm going to win.


**Okay, yeah: a 1200-word intro for a 7000-word presentation is, shall we say, excessive. But I'll cut later. Right now I want my words...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Famine is always exciting and productive...

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Anonymous, that may qualify as one of the most surreal comments I've ever received.

Dr. S said...

Woo hoo!!!