So, here we are at week 11. Time for that last, final push on your projects. Seriously, we've come a long way, yes? This week, let's pause and think about that. How have you surprised yourself? What have you learned?
That's it for the so-called topic today. I'm actually off for a day of crazy errands and appointments, but I bring you the weekly goals list, compiled by ADM from the posts at her place last week. Time to check in!
- ABDMama [Draft of an article MS]: Cover letters, tightening up Article 2 a little
- ADM [conference paper for Leeds; revision of paper after]: Get article submitted
- Cly [revise article for publication & draft chapter for book]: substantial progress on workable draft of chapter
- Dame Eleanor [
Revising a conference paper into article MSturn paper into a book!]: Write 500 words a day – still,
- Dr. Koshary [work on book MS]: finish the prospectus and send that out to a publisher immediately
- Eileen [First draft of a dissertation chapter]: find a conclusion
- Erika [Review-ready draft of an article MS]: work 30-60 minutes per day on my abstract, 60 minutes on making changes to my article, spend 30-60 minutes learning how to be an academic advisor, and 30-60 minutes on preparing lectures for the first three meetings of my lecture course
- Firstmute [chapter draft; send out article]: integrating secondary material
- Frog Princess [rewrite Chapter 3; get another draft of the introduction]: finish this second draft of chapter 3; and begin working on the introductio
- Gillian [an article that needs writing] proofread a book, three book reviews
- Godiva [First draft of diss. chap.]: Full paragraph-by-paragraph outline of chapter to flesh out, and 3000 *new* words
- J Otto Pohl: finish book
- Jeff [Review-ready draft of completed dissertation]: finish polishing and revisions this week and next week
- Matilda [Draft of a publishable paper]: submitting task 2; writing a plan of task 3, and writing first section of it
- Mel [Finish dissertation!]: Revisions for ch. 4 & 6
- NWGirl [Revising a conference paper into an article MS]: Re-read draft and devise a plan to finish remaining revisions. Spend an hour each morning (Mon-Thurs) on those revisions.
- Sapience [Prepare presentation of full dissertation for department - changed to Introduction needs to be finished]: more on intro, finish job market materials
- Scatterwriter [Complete expansion/revision of an article MS]: update my image file, write my cover letter, and print out one last version of the manuscript.
- Susan [Revise & polish two chapters of a book MS]: Fill in a few more gaps in ch. 2, and read through and check argument
- Travelia [prepare book MS for review]: Excused absence for family trip
- Zabeel [Complete draft of an article] draft of the third section
- Zcat abroad (Kiwi Medievalist on WP) [write an article]: take thesis chapter and start article conversion
- Digger [drafts of two book chapters]*
- Kit: [Write the first draft of a dissertation chapter]**
- Tigs [Completed diss draft]**