Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good and Bad: The Last 48 Hours

Good: I finished my sabbatical application and got it turned in, with only a minor hitch

Good: I figured out an important bit on the major case document in Shiny New Project, and it's really exciting (to me), along the lines of Law and Order: Medieval Squad.

Good: I got the first stage of my tenure report back (one down; three to go!), and while it doesn't gush, it's positive.

Bad: The lymph nodes near the base of my neck have swollen up on one side, to the point where my collarbone is no longer visible. I look freakish, and it hurts to hiccup** because the muscles around the swollen place tense up. Plus, the next-to-last previous time this happened, it was the sign of something that landed me in the hospital for two days. So now, even in the absence of other symptoms, I'm paranoid, and starting to imagine (I hope!) other symptoms.

I'll keep you posted.


**Do you spell this "hiccup", or "hiccough"?

7 comments:

gritty grits said...

oy is this what i think it is? you gotta take care of yourself!! but if you don't, I might get a chance to check out if hospitals in your neck of the woods have e-cards as well....

Anonymous said...

Go to a doctor!! Especially if whatever it was put you in the hospital last time.

M.

Good Enough Woman said...

Hiccup. And, yes, get thee to some medical care.

medieval woman said...

Good on the first three - get thee to a doctor on the last one!

I spell it "hiccup"...

Notorious Ph.D. said...

The swelling has gone down about 50% already. But I promise that the next time I'm at the doctor, I'll ask about it. That's a weird place to get all swelled up, and it's happened many times before.

AliceAcademic said...

Glad the swelling is going down, but do take care of yourself, Notorious maybe some warm scarves and warm beverages? Hurrah for the trio of good news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on everything, especially on the not-swelling-so-badly-any-more part. And, fingers crossed that your tenure and sabbatical appliations continue through the process without a hitch.

Historiann.com