Friday, May 14, 2010

Kalamazoo: preliminary report

1. Awesome blogger meetup. I think I met Vaulting and Vellum last year, but I somehow didn't know they were so fun. Lots of other cool people, too.

2. Paper went well, but even better was the success of the panel itself: in a room with seating for 48, we had an additional 38 sitting on the floor, including half a dozen who went ahead and sat just outside the open doors. Just to hear our papers. Mine, as I said, was fine, but my co-panelists totally rocked the house, and I learned a lot.

3. I've been unprepared on the scheduling front, trying to meet up with people for lunches, dinners & coffees, and somehow not managing. Missed Dream Press' publishers' party, and haven't even seen the entrance to the book display yet.

4. Volunteered to organize a panel for next year. Why do I do these things?

More later...

6 comments:

Comrade PhysioProf said...

Are you all wearing medieval outfits, playing lutes, and drinking mead? lolz

Joe said...

I can't wait until I get a chance to go to one of those conferences. Maybe in a couple years.

Belle said...

When the medievalists start talking about K'zoo, I always wish I had a talent with languages so I could go too!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

People! It's not a private party! All you have to do is pay your conference fee, get a room, and show up at the panels and events. CPP, you can even wear your doublet and tights, if you want.

Comrade PhysioProf said...

Should I wear red or purple?

Joe said...

ok ok....I'll try and go next year :D