Thursday, May 3, 2012

My brain needs a backup drive

The semester is drawing to a close here, and I've got so many things that my brain can no longer hold them all.  I just focus on the next task, an the one after that, and hope that my brain reminds me of what's next, once a slot opens.

So far, the next things for tomorrow are:
  1. work on that paper that I have to present in a little over a week (yes, this is embarrassing to admit that I don't yet have a complete draft)
  2. see a grad student through her thesis prospectus defense
  3. read/grade four paper drafts
  4. try to locate a few things for grading that I can't remember where I put
  5. order a plane ticket for Mr. B.'s visit in August.
That's just the tip of the iceberg.  But it's certainly enough to keep me busy for the day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow its ebncouraging to see im not the only soul on the lonely road of academic purgatory! thanks for your excellent blog been enjoyin reading it!-GradLad in Tulsa

Historiann said...

Mr. B is your nephew? Or someone else?

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Yes, Mr. B. is Primary Nephew (8 1/2); Lady T. is the niece (9 1/2). There is also Emergency Backup Nephew (2) and Poopy Harry (newborn) (or, as his father would have him named, Awesome McBadass).

Historiann said...

Awesome McBadass is a pretty good name--I wonder why his parents didn't just go with that?

(Better than Pax or Sailor or whatever dumb celebrity kid names are in fashion right now, right?)

Annoying brother said...

Hopefully you remembered to add these to your list:

6. Wake up breathing
7. Ingest yummy things
8. Don't Panic

Another name I heard in a podcast I'm jealous I didn't think of: Chet Awesomelaser.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Dear Brother:

Another agenda item: Confirm re: pants.