So, I'm here, and kicking around for a few days. The sun has decided to come out today, so I'm going to spend a little time in the archives, but not much. Perhaps a little fancy ice cream today. And a little mulling over travel anxieties:
- Will the two pair of shoes, satchel, stacks of copied documents and assorted gifties for friends & family all fit in the suitcase on the way back? What will I need to jettison to make this happen? (yoga mat, one pair of jeans & one black turtleneck already on their last legs, house slippers... but what else?)
- Will my stopover at Heathrow turn into a multi-day odyssey?
- How bad will the crowds at Exotic Research City airport be? Should I get there *three* hours early, rather than two?
- Will volcano #2 blow up right when we're over it?
- Will I get in trouble with customs for bringing home an unauthorized cheese? Can those beagles at the airport sniff cheese? Should I maybe pack it in hashish to throw them off?