Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Problem solved.

Okay, so last night, after several e-mails, a phone call, and four illicit stress-provoked cigarettes, I figured out the solution to my project problem, a way to work this project in a way that I'm sure no one here will do.

This is one of my many character defects, one of the many ways that I am a work in progress: I tend to panic first, and think and solve later. And it's one of the many reasons that I'm grateful for people who put up with me, make soothing noises, and know that it'll blow over in very short order.

Thanks.

Here's a picture of a pigeon:

5 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Thank-you for the pigeon picture.
Glad you feel better.

Belle said...

Pigeon on a leash!

FrauTech said...

Well the important thing is that you get to the solving phase at all.

Historiann said...

I thought it was far too soon to panic, anyway. The fact is that most people's projects--including yours--will make a lot of detours along the way. What you all think you're writing about now may be something entirely different from the books or articles you eventually publish.

Bon courage!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

wouldn't you be more worried if you panicked AFTER thinking it through? And also, of course we listen -- we are all there regularly!