Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today, in fake-achievement news:

from my e-mail this morning:

"I would like to be the first to offer you a well deserved congratulations. You are scheduled to be published in the 2012 Edition of the Academic Registry. Your contact information was acquired by our research staff, who pour over academic journals, conference lists, and published papers in an effort to find the most accomplished academics nationwide."

What, precisely, are they pouring over those journals? And won't the libraries be upset?

4 comments:

allispaul said...

I'm an undergrad, and I just got one of these. I guess I should iron my tux.

Dr. Koshary said...

Liquid awesomeness. They pour liquid awesomeness all over everything, and wait for it to synthesize into your mailing address. I am certain of it.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Koshary, that's got to be the answer. Nothing else makes sense.

@ allispaul: save me a seat at the banquet.

Historiann said...

Heh. "Congratulations," Notorious--you have an e-mail account with a .edu suffix!