Friday, April 8, 2011

Something I hadn't thought of...

1. I give my presentation today (a 40-minute talk), in about five hours.

2. I have been practicing it a lot, but busy schedule means that those practices have been compressed, at the rate of about 2-3 read-throughs a day.

3. All of my courses this semester have been discussion-based, rather than lecture courses.

Can anyone guess the problem that's arising just now?

Yep: beginning on last night's final before-bed run-through and edit-fest, I realized how tired my throat and neck muscles were. My voice has had no regular, intensive, sustained exercise since last December. I have at least one more run-through before the talk itself. And wouldn't it be hilarious if, after all this work and stress, I lost my voice halfway through the actual performance of the thing?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Best of luck with your talk - I've been sending good "strong voice" vibes your way all week!