Sunday, April 10, 2011

Three Brief Items

1. I've decided that the best way to know if a presentation went well is if people ask good questions. My small (I prefer to think of them as "select") audience Friday did just that. Ergo, my presentation appears to have gone well.

2. Likewise, the comment I delivered on a conference panel the following day.

3. I just saw the first review of the book in a major journal, and it's positive, if a bit general. And the one thing the reviewer criticized (this is an obligatory feature of the book review genre, no?) was something that is so much the opposite of how I see myself as a scholar that I could only chuckle.

3 comments:

Comrade PhysioProf said...

AWESOME!!!!!! You killed 'em!!!!

Gabriela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabriela said...

When was the first time you presented at a conference? As an undergrad or grad? Just curious.