Goodness gracious, but we have a full roster this term!
So, welcome to the end of your first week. Here's where you report on your progress, and set a goal to report back on next Friday (this time, over at ADM's place).
Last week, I also suggested that, after checking in with their progress and their goal for week two, people take on one other thing for contemplation: tell us about your writing routine. When do you write? Where do you do it? How long is your daily writing session?
Also, feel free to talk amongst yourselves, yes? This is supposed to be a support group of sorts, so if you see something particularly interesting in what someone else has said, feel free to chime in with another comment.
Now, it's time to take attendance. When I call your name and project, please check in:
- Sapience: a first draft and a revised draft of the current dissertation chapter
- Dame Eleanor: Revising a conference paper into an article MS
- NWGirl: Same thing.
- ADM: a conference paper for Leeds
- ABDMama: Draft of an article MS
- Dr. Koshary: Review-ready article MS
- Sara: Revision of her research exam
- What Now: Polished book proposal
- Avery: Draft of an article MS
- Jason: First draft of a dissertation chapter
- J. Otto Pohl: Complete a draft of a two-thirds finished book MS
- Jeff: Review-ready draft of his completed dissertation
- Frog Princess: Same thing
- Erika: Review-ready draft of an article MS (taken from the dissertation)
- Godiva: First draft of a dissertation chapter
- Kit: Same thing
- Eileen: Same thing, too!
- Bardiac: Review-ready article MS (revision of a draft paper)
- Scholastic Mama: Revising a conference paper into an article MS
- Jen: same thing
- Tigs: Completed dissertation draft
- Digger: drafts of two book chapters (one already underway)
- Zcat abroad: write two articles [??] [is this from scratch, or two revisions? Seems like a lot for 12 weeks; just sayin']
- Caleb Woodbridge: MA thesis
- Matilda: Draft of one paper [for a conference? or for publication?]
- Zabeel: Draft of the first two (of four) sections of a from-scratch article.
- Ro: first draft of an essay for an collected volume (mid-summer)
- Firstmute: draft of the final [ed. note: YAY!!!] dissertation chapter
- Scatterwriter: Complete expansion/revision of an article MS.
- Susan: Revise & polish two chapters of a book MS
- Travelia: Write two conference papers (possibly more later in the summer)
- Ms McD: Revising a conference paper into an article MS
Thanks for being part of the group, and see you next Friday over at ADM's place! Oh, and by the way, she says:
Lots of people started out making less progress than perhaps they had planned, for all sorts of good reasons. But we all know that those good reasons still eat into our time, and can often mean a sense of failure that affects getting the writing done. For next week, let's not only post our goals, but also think about one or two small things that, even if life starts getting in the way, we can get done to move the project forward. It could be reviewing a couple of articles, or drafting an outline, or even just freewriting 500 words you think you'll have to dump -- but it should be something you can point to and say, "I did this thing."